Sunday, December 6, 2009

Plans

Oh man, what has happened to me. First YouTube, then Facebook, then Twitter, NOW THIS? Yeah, I'd figured that a blog can allow me to express my feelings with no character limits. If you can't tackle something head on, you're better off getting around it. Another thing that I'm starting this is because I know some friends already and I want to jump on the bandwagon. With that being said, this is what I'll write about in this here blog.
  • My experiences here at St. Cloud State University. This may include classes, friends, sports (oh yeah, you will hear a lot about Husky Hockey), Campus Crusade for Christ (or cru for short) and other findings on my journey.
  • My faith life, how God is working in my life, and what I think He is saying.
  • My tae kwon do plans. I have done TKD for eight years and I love it. It continues to play a major role in my life even though college has gotten in the way.
  • Other things on my mind. I tend to think a lot and I think what is going on in my life in general. Whether it may be joys or struggles.
With that being said, I will start off talking about the end of my first semester in SCSU. I felt that I was under pressure because of all of those papers. And going without a laptop for a month and a half didn't help either. However, through all of these papers, I found solace in my friends. Whether it was in my dorm, in class, or at cru, I felt like I belonged here and the homesickness was rarely there.

Until today, I was searching for a church while I was up there. I tried two churches and I didn't feel like I belonged there. Today, one of my bible study leaders took me to a church on the border of town and I really liked it. I felt like I could go there while I did my studies. Thank you Westwood Church for that.

I'd like to end my inaugural blog with a scripture verse.

24 Don't use your mouth to tell lies;
don't ever say things that are not true.
25 Keep your eyes focused on what is right,
and look straight ahead to what is good.
26 Be careful what you do,
and always do what is right.
-Proverbs 4:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment